Financial supportPreschoolParenting tipsTaking baby photosBilingual childrenMoney saving tips from Huggies membersSibling rivalryGlandular feverHead liceProtecting your child from paedophilesChoosing the right childcare for you and your childPhotographing kids Step parentingParenting stylesPositive parentingAttachment parenting
Tips from parents
Other moms and dads can be a great source of information when it comes to taking care of your sick babies and toddlers. Here are a few of their ideas:
- Use a syringe to give medicine to babies.
- When giving eye drops allow the baby to keep their eyes closed while placing the drops on the corner of the eye and then they will fall in as they open them.
- When testing for fever without a thermometer, use the lip test. Touch your lips to your baby’s forehead.
- The tummy area is a good touch test for fever.
- Never give aspirin to children under 12 years.
- Never give lemonade or juice while your child is suffering from Gastro – always give electrolyte solution and extra fluids.